Friday, January 22, 2010

In sun, or rain, or snow

I went on the most magical run last night. It was just as the sun was going down, but it was so bright outside. When the storm is actually here is the most fun. Cleaning up and the mess after never is. When it's snowing outside people stay inside.... meaning that I had the trails to myself! There is something special about running in a snowstorm.


Proof that I was breaking laws by letting the dogs off leash in the leashes required area at Rancho yesterday. No one was there.


Bliksem loved jumping over the creek. So back and forth she went chasing snowflakes.


People are always asking me why I run. It's for special moments like this, and I find them in almost every run. It's the free time to myself to think or to not think and just feel, depending on my mood. Today was about feeling alive and enjoying the magical moment.

1 comment:

  1. I always struggle to get out in the snow, but never regret it. It's definitely magical.

    Bliksem - Now that's a name for a dog!!

    ReplyDelete