Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sunshine!

Yesterday I made the drive to Monterey. Conrad made the drive earlier in the week to get ready for The Sea Otter Classic. At first I was a little sad to not be racing, but I quickly got over it. Not racing meant I could do whatever and not suffer the consiquence on race day. Usually in the lead up to an important race I try to stay of my feet, get proper nutrition, and I have specific training/taper plans. This week I was going to try and do the opposite. I have to work on Sunday so no racing for me. My goal is to enjoy some of the good weather and have fun riding. Mission accomplished! Day 1 here included a 5:30 road ride through some private communities. All you have to do is wave and smile and the security guards and there is unlimited access to perfectly paved roads and beautiful scenery. The only hazard I came across was a deer bolting in front on me on a descent. 

Sneaking in part 1

The first of many fences I eluded....
Just some of the many deer that I saw.
My favorite was the turkeys. The male was all fluffed up, but he didn't stick around to pose for pictures.

All in all it was a great day with some amazing climbs. I was wishing I had a compact or even a triple. Time to refuel and get ready for day 2.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem. ambermonforte@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete