Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christmas Conrad


I've lived in Reno nearly my entire life, and while I don't enjoy winter as much as I did as a kid I don't quite understand Conrad's perspective. Until he got here I had the heat in the house turned down to 48 degrees which is just high enough to keep the pipes from freezing. I turned the head up to 60 for Conrad, but he still thinks it's cold. I guess jumping hemispheres and living in eternal summer or the last 17 or so years makes a person soft. He's always claiming that they're "Bred tough in Africa". I'm not buying it, and here's the proof. On what I thought was a beautiful day (mid 60's) we went or a bike ride. Conrad put on so many layers I wasn't sure he's be able to move, let alone turn the pedals. With all the red on I've nicknamed him Christmas Conrad.

At the base of the climb he shed a few layers and quickly proved that he could indeed pedal. This is the view of him I captured of him just before he disappeared out of eyesight. 

After getting home he loaded up the van to head to Sea Otter. Yep, we have a van. After he finished packing we sat down inside to eat dinner before he left. After a while we noticed that our normal audience was missing. Where's Kona? Turns out she packed herself into the van and was trying to be as quiet as possible. Hoping beyond hope that we would take her. She knows after last summers fun car trips that only fun things happen on trips involving bikes. Some of her fun included grabbing a skunk by the tail. After 6 months and many home deskunking remedies the smell finally went away. With her attempt at hiding thwarted she got packed up and sent to grandma's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment