Thursday, April 9, 2009

STARTING OVER

New starts can be something we choose or something that is chosen for us. This year, my world is completely different from the one I left behind last year. My website crashed and it has taken me a few months to get the new one up and running. I had a stress fracture in my foot that kept me from running for 8 weeks, so there was no outlet for frustrations. The nursing job I was supposed to start was cancelled and the job marked looked bleak for a while. Travel nursing positions were few and there were many applicants. It was a trying time for me, but I decided to come back to Reno where I knew I could find work. To add to the stress of bills piling up, Conrad left for his winter break back to South Africa at the end of November and it was a REALLY tough 4 months apart. So we're starting over.

Conrad arrived back in Reno on the 21st of March which interestingly is the first day of spring and probably my favorite time of year. We are renting a really neat older house complete with a garage and a full basement. It's so nice to finally have a place to put our belongings. On my days off we drove to Bend, rented a Uhaul (again) and moved all our stuff back to Reno. We'll be here at least until November, and then ??? Who knows? What I do know is that we are professional movers. We can fit all our belongings in a 10ft x 10ft storage unit and load a Uhaul in under an hour. 






No comments:

Post a Comment