Sunday, June 19, 2011

A taste of Heaven

Another busy week with too much work and too little time to play. I've been squeezing in rides and runs before and after work, but my first day off was bliss. I raced up to Truckee and road the Emigrant Trail and a little section of Lloyds. I can't describe how much fun it was to be back on my mountain bike again. I'm also starting to feel little bits of fitness poke through every now and again.



One of my favorite things to do after work is head out for a night ride. The temps during the day have been in the mid 90's, so it really is ideal to get out after the sun goes down. It's crazy how fast the weather has changed in the past 2-3 weeks. Nighttime is when all the critters come out. I don't mind the scorpions so much, but the rattlers are a whole other story. I not worried about myself, but I do worry about Bliksem getting curious and a little too close. During the day I rarely see anything moving up on the mountain during the hot summer months, but the hills come alive after dark. Mice and rabbits are everywhere and usually gravitate to the light. It takes every little bit of skill to not hit them as they dance around in front of the bike.





I also managed a trip down to visit my dad. I can't believe how many fun places I keep finding in Foresthill that I haven't been before. I managed to squeeze in 4 rides in 4 days and still have time to go boating in the afternoon on Clementine Lake. It would have been even more fun to go boat camping....... next time.



On the Halo Trail above Reno.



1 comment:

  1. Lil Monkey,
    You're scorpion and snake photos are simply unreal. You really get the see the other side of the world, in more ways than one. You always amaze me. Luv, G!

    ReplyDelete