Sunday, October 17, 2010

Silly smiles and spam musubis

Wrapping up here in Maui after a big Xterra week. More photos and updates to come, but here is a quick one before I race to the airport.

Post Ironman training has been great fun. I wasn't nearly as sore as I'd been in the past, and I'm guessing that had something to do with my run strategy of stopping every mile to use the bathroom.

I've just been getting out on the bike and exploring the island a bit. One highlight have been a trip over the saddle road to get to Hilo. I was asking for another gear in a couple places only to find that I'd already used them all up.

One of my favorite things in Hawaii are the local fare at the gas stations. Quick refill of the bottles and a spam musubi in my bento box.


See..... it fits perfectly.



On the top of the saddle road shortly before heading down to Hilo.


Almost to the top...


Lots of road construction and dirt on the descent. Guess I should have brought my mountain bike.



Little detour onto the scenic road.


Stopping to enjoy the views.

This is amazing opportunity to spend so much time on the islands and I'm loving every second.

2 comments:

  1. If there is a spam musubi shortage on the island in two weeks, I will know why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are def. living the life and what better way to see Hawaii than by bike!! not too sure about the spam Musubi....

    ReplyDelete