Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Ramblings

First off. I did that 50K trail run last week and the only problem I had after the race was a little poison oak. Damn.... so itchy... and it's the smallest area. I was wearing full tights, longs sleeves, hat, didn't even stop to pee in the bushes (thankfully). Apparently there was a tiny area peaking out between my socks and my tights that was exposed. So very itchy this week! Forget knee or quad pain this is way worse.


Currently I'm sharpening my nails so I can get a good scratch in while I wait for my flight to South Africa. I'm feeling descent after a red-eye from SFO last night. The bike fee was $250, thanks United. The ticket counter lady snarkily said, "How do you intend to pay for that?" Seriously, like it's an option at this point. I'm standing at the counter with one bag, one bike box, and myself weighing a grand total of 230 pounds. Whatever, "credit card" I reply. I've gotten used to paying rediculous bike fees at this point, and it's not like I can just leave it behind. However, I am leaving the bikes and case in South Africa this time. Delta charges $300 for a bike, so I guess I'm getting a deal. I remember when they were free on international flights.

Only 24 more hours of travel to go! Definitely not looking forward to the next 20 hours wedged into the same seat. My recipe of choice for this flight is 1 ambien, 2 benadryl, and maybe a drink. Hopefully when I wake up I'll be at my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment