Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bad Blogger

Okay, so I've been in a bit of a funk. When I'm busy sulking I don't blog, in fact I don't tend to do much of anything, which makes it worse. It's not been a great spring, but maybe it's how I'm looking at it. I've been sulking a bit due to injuries and also because I'm staying home while Conrad goes racing. The staying home would be easier if I could just stay healthy. About 2 weeks ago during a fun easy trail run Kona ran straight into me while chasing a rabbit and knocked me over. It would have been okay if my left knee and elbow hadn't landed on rocks. I tried to finish the run, but the knee just wasn't having any part of it. A week later the knee was starting to feel a bit better, when Conrad decided that kissing the pavement would feel good. He has the full story on his website. Somehow I managed to break my fall with my head (cracked my new helmet), my left hip (Conrad is calling it my 2nd butt), and my left knee and elbow. I opened the almost healed skin from the prior weeks fall. 


Yep we stuck to the sheets for the next week....


The week got better when I returned from work one night to find a shiny new toy in the driveway that was just for me. :)

Putting my nursing scrubs to good use I raced around the front yard trying to find any and all bumps. 

I'm now too fast to capture on film..... 

Kona pretending to be the saddest dog in the entire world.


 Another week has gone by and I'm still hurting. I tried swimming today, and the neck still hurts to bad to flip turn. Then I tried a run. At first it felt like it was going to be okay, but about 15 minutes in the pain started up again. I turned around and walked back.... sulking the entire way. I got home and crawled under the blankets about to start a full blown pity party. Before the party could be started I remembered my shiny new toy in the garage. The knee seems to be good when riding, and there is nothing like sweet single track to put a smile back on my face. No more funk... I just need to go ride my bike. 

Racing the storm home. I won, but just barely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment