Friday, May 8, 2009

Nothing may ever get done in our house again. On a cold and windy day Conrad took me for my first real ride on the pedal-less bike. My last ride was after work as the sun went down. 3ish hours and a couple of bruises later and we were back. So much fun and so demanding. Of course I had Conrad the mutant to follow as an example. It was kind of like trying to keep up with him while mountain biking, running, swimming, or well just about anything (except for snow sports). 

I remember our first mountain bike ride together down the MacKenzie River Trail. I was trying to keep up, or rather was just trying not to look too pathetic. I came across a real technical section with a big root and lava rocks and instead of getting off and walking (I didn't want to get left behind) I decided to ride it. Bad decision. I'm not sure of the specifics of the crash, but my knee went into the lava and didn't work so well for the rest of the ride (this was at the beginning of the day). A couple of turns later near a spectacular waterfall I found Conrad waiting for me. Damn, so much for looking cool.

 Anyhow, riding motorbikes with Conrad reminded me of that first mountain bike ride. I blindly follow without questioning if I really should be following. Anything involving 2 wheels comes easy to Conrad, and I should have known better. With my heart thumping in my chest I followed. 

The end of the ride.... wheew, I made it home in one piece. At the end I had a big smile and sore arms and legs.
This uphill thing is great. Just give it gas and it goes.
Scary steep downhill...  Conrad was nice enough to send everyone we know this picture with the caption "everyone has their limits". 

No comments:

Post a Comment